I consider this among the top 100 persuasive analytic documents I have studied during my long lifetime. Please click on the link to read the .pdf so that the author knows that you have read her work.
Here’s a snip of the core of the document.
1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area, which I can
afford and in which I would want to live.
3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely
6. When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilization,” I am shown that people of my
color made it what it is.
7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their
8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.